I have a busy week this week. Honestly, I don’t enjoy going outside of my home. I find it exhausting on a variety of levels. And, it’s not something I enjoy on most days.
But, I also know I am not alone in this struggle.Tweet
Other than realistically meeting others who face this exhaustion on a daily basis, the Bible teaches me that I don’t go through anything on my own. Do you know that to be true when you go through your own struggles?
You are Not Alone!
This morning’s blog post likely won’t be as long, because at the moment it is almost 10p on Monday evening. But, I want to zone in on what Scripture teaches us about this fact that we aren’t ever alone. This list is a short version of the one put out by the Odyssey.
1. “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21
2. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare, and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
3. “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
4. “For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world- our faith.” 1 John 5:4
5. “God is with you – wherever you may go and no matter what life brings.” Joshua 1:9
6. “She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” Proverbs 31:25
7. “I loved you at your darkest.” Romans 5:8
In light of these seven Scriptures, does this sound like we are left to do things solo? It can be the hardest thing in the world to leave the house, knowing what will result physically and emotionally.
Because I trust and follow our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ, it does make decisions easier – knowing I am not in this thing alone. Because between the Lord God Almighty and my community of friends, I can live boldly – despite the challenges I face from my chronic illnesses and depression.
What does living boldly look like, though? That part, I am just not sure of yet. But, I know a key part of it is walking with our Lord Jesus Christ on a daily basis.
Disclaimer: You can now support Gracefully Overcoming through your Amazon purchases. At no cost to you (and effortlessly), Amazon will allow you to shop and Gracefully Overcoming get a bit of a benefit from your shopping. It can be any purchase you make. But, I am still enjoying this title by Charles Swindoll.